MMT Winter 2017
On the mix below, you’ll hear songs about failure (#2), the apocalypse (#4, and arguably #14), getting kicked out of a bar (#20), hometowns (#7), the loss of American manufacturing jobs (#22), and social isolation (#15), among others.
As always, if you find something you like, please support the artists — buy the album (or at least the song, ya cheap shit), go to a show, buy a shirt, and help spread the good word about them.
The cover art was again done by the fine folks over at Faithless Street, a music message board full of folk and americana and a whole lot of random weirdness. Special thanks to “highlife”, a person of clearly exceptional intelligence and taste, for coming up with the idea.
This download link will be available for a limited time.
- Gallery 47 – Rising Star
- Sallie Ford – Failure
- South of France – Washed Up
- Elvis Perkins in Dearland – Slow Doomsday
- Bahamas – Stronger Than That
- Blue Swede – Hooked on a Feeling
- BJ Barham – Rockingham
- Margaret Glaspy – Emotions and Math
- Violent Femmes – Issues
- Hamilton Leithauser & Rostam – A Thousand Times
- Mutual Benefit – Not for Nothing
- Harlowe and the Great North Woods – The Traveler
- The Felice Brothers – Life in the Dark
- Kyle Craft – Before the Wall
- Shovels & Rope – Johnny Come Outside
- Redbone – Come and Get Your Love
- The Wind and the Wave – Skin and Bones
- Ryan Adams – Everything is Alright
- Brian Fallon – Honey Magnolia
- Conor Oberst – Till St. Dymphna Kicks Us Out
- Elliott Smith – Between the Bars
- Donovan Woods – They Don’t Make Anything in That Town