It’s Spring in name only right now in Indiana — 40 degrees Fahrenheit with an abundance of wind, clouds, rain, and generalized gloom.
And that damn hedgehog supposedly didn’t see his shadow, so we should be having an early spring. Thanks
Obama Punxsutawney Phil.
But hey, maybe a spring playlist will help conjure up the gods of warm weather. On the mix below, you’ll find songs about love (#12, #13), perseverance (#4, #5), shitty forms of employment (#19), questionable upbringings (#7), excessive self-criticism (#9), and comfort food (#8). The songs are mostly new or newish, and mostly upbeat with a handful of downers for balance.
The cover art was again done by the fine folks over at Faithless Street — special thanks to an e-friend named “Monkey” for coming up with the idea.
This download link will be available for a limited time.
As always, if you find something you like, please support the artists and buy their stuff, see their shows, and help spread the good word.
- Nap Eyes – Stargazer
- Me Like Bees – Tundraland
- White Denim – Ha Ha Ha Ha (Yeah)
- Parker Millsap – A Little Fire
- Hillsburn – Farther in the Fire
- Brian Fallon – Among Other Foolish Things
- You Won’t – Ya Ya Ya
- Bird Dog – Chicken Fried Steak (Live @ Jam in the Van)
- Cloud Cult – No Hell
- Tyler Childers – Goin Home (Live @ Mountain Stage)
- Leon Bridges – There She Goes
- Bob Dylan – If Not For You
- Anderson East – Quit You
- Laura Gibson – The Cause
- Ben Lubeck – The Morning After
- The Donkeys – Down the Line
- Willy Mason – Into Tomorrow
- Colter Wall – Sleeping on the Blacktop
- Walter Martin – Jobs I Had Before I Got Rich & Famous
- Radical Face – Secrets (Cellar Door)
- Tyler Nugent – Birkland’s