Here in the midwestern United States, the temperature has fallen and we’ve finally had some sporadic snow. Sledding, snowmen, makeshift igloos, and hot chocolate await. Below you’ll find a playlist that pairs well with all those things.
On the mix, you’ll find songs about the holidays (#1, #2), frigid temperatures that may or may not also relate to one’s relationship status (#11), daisy-like medicinal herbs (#20), hopefulness (#9), solitude (#10, #12), rock & roll ambivalence (#13), and one absolutely fantastic song about grandparents (#7).
The songs are mostly new or newish, and mostly mellow with a smattering of upbeat tunes so as to not let that pesky Seasonal Affective Disorder kick in.
The cover art was again done by the fine folks over at Faithless Street — special thanks to fellow Hoosier and weirdo-genius Nick for coming up with the concept.
This download link will be available for a limited time.
As always, if you find something you like, please support the artists and buy their stuff, see their shows, and help spread the good word.
1. The Felice Brothers – Country Ham
2. Advance Base – Christmas in Dearborn
3. The Eastern – The Ballad of a Little While
4. Family & Friends – Wyoming
5. The Oh Hellos – Exeunt
6. Josh Ritter – Homecoming
7. Cloud Cult – Transistor Radio
8. Bop English – Long Distance Runner
9. Ezra Furman – Ordinary Life
10. Craig Finn – Going to a Show
11. Donovan Woods – The Coldest State
12. Jake Xerxes Fussell – All in Down and Out
13. Christopher the Conquered – I’m Giving Up on Rock & Roll
14. Iron & Wine w/ Ben Bridwell – Done this One Before
15. City and Colour – Mizzy C.
16. Elliott Brood – Jigsaw Heart
17. Christopher Paul Stelling – Warm Enemy
18. Alabama Shakes – Shoegaze
19. Matthew Vasquez – Tell Me Why (Neil Young cover)
20. Jake Pearson – Chamomile